The BreathSpec has been designed for the analysis of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) metabolic profiles in human breath.
This instrument would be ideal for clinical applications where non-invasive patient screening is valuable to aid the clinician decision making process, determining different treatment or monitoring paths and outcomes.
The main features of the BreathSpec are:
- Non-invasive analytical instrument
- Extremely easy to use easy to analyse data
- Extremely sensitive, with detection levels at low ppbv or even pptv level
- Integrated with spirometry for simple, safe and approved breath sampling
- Reproducible analysis through highly advanced sample handling (patent pending)
- Very fast analysis with results available within minutes
- Low maintenance, runs at atmospheric pressure, internal gas re-circulator (no separate gas supply needed)
- Ability to build metabolite databases and characterise peak profiles
- Principal Component Analysis (PCA) integrated functionality
For more information contact us.
A simple list of some of the top applications of the BreathdSpec:
- Monitoring of work related exposures to hazardous substances
- Detection and/or monitoring of diseases
- Control of drug decomposition (pharmaceuticals) and dosage
|Working principle||Ion Mobility Spectrometry|
|Ionisation||ß-radiation source (Tritium (3H))|
|Activity||300 MBq, below the exemption limit of 1 GBq, EURATOM guideline|
|Drift voltage polarity||Positive and negative, switchable|
|Sampling||Direct though mouthpiece, controlled by precise Spirometer|
|Range||Semi-quantitative, typically low ppbv|
|Dynamic range||1-3 orders of magnitude|
|Display||6.4″ TFT, VGA-Display|
|Input unit||Rotary pulse encoder|
|Processor||400 MHz X-scale|
|Data acquisition||Ultra-fast ADIO-board|
|Data processing||X-board / Baseboard|
|Data storage||2 GB Compact-Flash|
|Communication||RS232, USB, Ethernet|
|Electrical connectors||2 x D-Sub 9-pole (for modem, console), D-Sub 15-pole (for external devices), RJ45 (for digital modem or SSH), 2 x USB-A|
|Power supply||100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz (external supply), 24 V DC / 5A, XLR-connector (internal)|
|Power consumption||< 180 Watt|
|Dimensions||449 x 375 x 177 mm (WxDxH)|
|Housing||19″ compatible, IP 20 enclosure, EMC certificated|
|Cooling||Axial ventilator, temperature controlled, max. 5.5 m3/h|
|Gas connectors||3 mm stainless steel Swagelok connectors for gas in- and outlet|
If you need any more information please complete the form below:
- Are you interested in the price of the BreathSpec?
- Would you like to organize for a demonstration or feasibility study?
- Do you have some samples you would like us to run for you?
Leave us your details and we will contact you with the information that you need: