First Food Chemistry Conference – Shaping the Future of Food Quality, Health and Safety
30 October – 1 November 2016 | NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Imspex Diagnostics will be attending this event where you will get the chance to meet and greet the team, with our FlavourSpec system which will be in action throughout the event. It is an analytical tool that is capable of detecting and identifying food flavours fragrances and taints at ultra trace levels. Low parts per billion (ppb) and even part per trillion (ppt) detection levels are achievable. The instrument has been successfully implemented and routinely used for a number of applications, including the determination of end points of brewing in beer, cheese ripening , detection of food taints in packaging, fruit rot detection and many others. Where food manufacturers are experimenting with different recipes and formulations the Flavour Spec ™ is an extremely powerful tool for assessing the effects that ingredient(s) change addition or removal will have on taste. Food authenticity is another key application of this exciting technology along with the ability to track food freshness and help with the determination of sell by dates on many food and beverage products.
This exciting new conference celebrating the 40th anniversary of the leading international journal Food Chemistry will bring together experts and young researchers from academia, research centres, and industry to debate on the latest scientific advances in the field of food chemistry that help to shape current and future challenges in food quality, food safety, and health aspects of the food chain. These challenges are also intimately linked to the wider EU Horizon 2020 Societal Challenges related to health, food security, sustainable agriculture, maritime research and the bioeconomy.
- Emerging non-nutrient bioactives in food – chemistry, analysis, function and health
- Chemical reactions in foods: mechanisms, kinetics and impact on quality and health
- Food structure, food quality and health including novel digestibility, processing technologies,
- Nanotechnology and food packaging
- Risk/benefits evaluation of food components
- Food authenticity and integrity
- Novel and rapid methods for food quality, integrity, and safety
- Future research needs and funding opportunities